What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers which is stored on the browser or hard drive of a user’s computer / device. They are used by websites to collect basic information on users and to analyse the way in which the website is used. They are usually used to allow websites to recognise a user on subsequent visits, provide a more personalised experience and to identify and sort any problems or issues with the website.
The Cookies We Use
We use the following cookies on our Site:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential to navigate around and use any feature of our Site.
- Analytical / Performance Cookies – These cookies collect anonymous information about you in respect of your use of our Site in order to identify any problems or issues with our Site and to improve its operation.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies recognise you and your preferences when you return to our Site in order to personalise your use of it.
Such cookies may be:
- Persistent Cookies – cookies which are activated each time you visit our Site and which remain on your computer/device for a set period of time, which may be specified in that particliar cookie; or
- Session Cookies – cookies which are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser window.
Except for Strictly Necessary Cookies, cookies will usually have a default 30 day life span. However, cookie settings can vary depending on the cookie in question and on your browser settings. Therefore, you should always make yourself aware of the appropriate life span of each cookie in relation to your browser before you accept that such cookie will be used.
Whilst Strictly Necessary Cookies may be used without your permission, by agreeing to this policy you acknowledge and agree that we Our Power use Analytical / Performance Cookies and Functionality Cookies when you use our Site.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cookies we use do not provide us with access to your computer or supply us with any other information about you, except such information which you have chosen to share with us.
To find out more about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Most browsers will accept cookies automatically. However, you have the option to block cookies by altering the relevant setting on your browser. This can refuse all or some cookies, erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance of cookies.
If you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including Strictly Necessary or “Essential” cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Changes to this Policy
Stay in touch
Call our bureau directly
10-12 Wide Close
Lanark ML11 7LX